1.08.2010

More dicks, making trouble

The estate of Philip K. Dick is suing Google because the names of the Nexus One cellphone and its operating system (Android) are too close to the Nexus 6 androids of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, also know by the movie title "Harrison Ford you were so handsome when you were young and retiring androids."

The real question is, why isn't George Lucas suing Motorola's Droid cellphone? Because he OWNS THE WORD, and let them use it. And, since he only sues those who flout him, this is not the Droid he's looking for.

2 comments:

  1. Nexus
    -noun
    1. a means of connection, tie, link
    2. a connected series or group
    3. The core or center as of a matter or situation
    4. Cell Biology. a specialized area of the cell membrane involved in intercellular communication and adhesion.

    So if I use a common scientific word that is in the dictionary in a novel I OWN IT and my children can sue anyone who ever tries to use it again ever? Global domination of language here I come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I've read all your blogs on the front page and I want to know "why haven't people directed me to this blog before?!

    YOU are a SCREAM!

    ...not the droid he was looking for...
    Ah! Ahah! Hah!

    You're my new BBC, bookmarked blogging comedian.
    Gimme more! Are you a twit I can follow?

    Ainsley MacQueen
    www.writersblockbuster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete